[In today’s gospel Jesus tells a parable about wheat and weeds sown by an enemy growing up together. The Church is filled with both saints and sinners — always has been, is now, and will be forever.
So what can we do?
1. work to build up the Body of Christ;
2. as Gandhi taught, BE the change we want to see;
3. encourage those who need it & praise those who deserve it;
4. stop judging and condemning each other as Jesus commanded;
5. and trust that Jesus will sort it all out in the end.
Today’s line-up includes a two minute video followed by a humorous poem by the ever-popular Anonymous.]
The Perfect Church
I think that I shall never see
A Church that’s all it ought to be;
A Church that has no empty pews,
Whose Pastor never has the blues;
A Church whose Deacons always Deke
And none is proud but all are meek;
Where gossips never peddle lies
Or make complaints or criticize;
Where all are always sweet and kind
And all to other’s faults are blind.
Such perfect churches there may be,
But none of them are known to me.
But still we’ll work, and pray and plan
To make our Church the best we can!