[These commandments were posted by a friend Bob Martin on his blog – Recovery Thoughts: one of only a few on the blogroll in the right column. Take a look and see how the relate to Goethe’s recipe I posted this past Sunday.
A reminder: I will donate $2 per person who leaves a serious response to the post by 6:00 am November 20, 2012. Tell your friends and family this is a chance to bankrupt a priest for a good cause! Press on this link and follow the instructions on how to leave a comment – (A) Missing Ingredient(s)]
Commandments for Contentment
1. Remember: I am the Lord thy God – and you’re not!
2. Thou shalt learn to trust.
3. Thou shalt learn to live in the here and now.
4. Thou shalt learn to honor and respect thy boundaries and the boundaries of others.
5. Thou shalt keep thy word.
6. Thou shalt not be in a hurry.
7. Thou shalt not take thyself too seriously.
8. Thou shalt not expect life to be fair.
9. Thou shalt not “should” on thyself.
10. Thou shalt learn to laugh.
11. Thou shalt help another each day.
12. Thou shalt be grateful.